Happy Valentine's Day!
“Anne came dancing home in the purple winter twilight across the snowy places.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
I didn't exactly dance across the snow yesterday but I did get out and take a few pictures early in the morning. That's when it is the quietest. The silence is beautiful, as is the scenery.
1. With nearly 6 inches on the ground, the chickens didn't want to venture out into the run for pictures so I was destined to only get the beauty of the snow clinging to the chicken wire.
2. The first decent snowfall in 3 years entices my husband outside to make a snowman. Once my son joined him, it turned into a Snow Ork with a weapon and earbuds. The scarf is one I have had since the early 1970s. Obviously, it only comes out for this purpose.
3. The tree line was so beautiful. They look like they were dipped in ice. It only lasted the day and then the sun came out and in an instant it disappeared from the branches.
4. The cardinal that lives in the fig bush was delighted I filled the feeder for him. He flitted around all day, eating his fill. He makes such a pretty pop of color.
5. I made sure the hummingbird feeder was empty before the storm hit because I figured it would freeze and crack it. Isn't it lovely, though? So frosty looking.
Could I ask a favor? If any of you collect china or tea cups, would you mind popping over to my post Friends and Tea Cups and let me know if you recognize the pattern on the tea cup? My friend gave it to me and we don't know the name of the manufacturer or pattern. If you do recognize it, please leave me a comment on the post and let me know. Thanks!