for Tea Cup Tuesday because I am HOPING someone will recognize the pattern on the tea cup below! If so, please tell me in the comment section. THANKS!!!
I found this vintage 1950s Atomic Retro Ironstone dinnerware vegetable bowl in the "Blue Heaven" pattern made by The Royal China Company, Sebring, Ohio. Made in the USA. Of course I doctored it up a little in Picmonkey so it doesn't really have the writing on it. Isn't it adorable, though? I ♥ vintage!
1. Every day I make at least two meals from scratch. I love to cook but what makes it worthwhile is the love I have for my family. I get all warm and fuzzy knowing they are eating something they enjoy that I made especially for them.
2. I collect vintage tea cups whether they have a saucer with them or not. But I do prefer a saucer. There's something ladylike about using one. Or maybe I have been watching too much Downton Abbey ;)
3. This little beauty was found at the Habitat Re-store where I bought my vintage plate. At the time, I thought the tea cup and saucer matched but I wasn't really inspecting it too thoroughly. I just loved the little pink and lavender flowers with the wispy spray of sage green adorning the cup. Once I started washing it, I realized they aren't the same pattern. Close but different. I have been searching for the pattern name of the tea cup to no avail. I did find the saucer though. It's Apple Blossom by Haviland. I'm still searching for the tea cup pattern.
4. Speaking of tea, I bought some Extra Sleepy Time Tea the other day because I have had a slight bit of insomnia. I've drank regular Sleepy Time Tea in the past with good results. Well, let me tell you that if you want to stay awake all night, this is the tea for you! Honestly, I could not go to sleep. It was awful!!!
5. The pictures aren't great. Sorry about that! My son has been using my nice camera for his Digital Photography class so I am back to my point n' shoot. It was acting weird and constantly trying to focus. It was a miracle I managed these two without them being blurry like the other 20 photos I took!
How's your week been? Have you found any treasures to add to your collection?