I am approaching this coming week with a heart bursting with thankfulness! My foot is healing well and my physical therapy is coming along nicely. I was able to bear a bit of weight yesterday for the first time in 9 1/2 weeks! And my plan is to be walking with minimal assistance by Dec 31!
So my Random 5 this week is all about those who have loved on me, provided for me and prayed for me over these last weeks.
1. I'm thankful for a loving and committed husband who has more than fulfilled his marriage vows these past 9 weeks. I absolutely could not have made it this far without his excellent care and total support, literally at times. He has stayed up all night while I was in pain and crying buckets of tears, handing me kleenex and holding my hand, being a stalwart encourager and prayer warrior. I am delighted that the Lord 'pushed' him into me 33 years ago. You can read a short version of it at How Cupid Shot Me Blog Hop!
2. I'm thankful for two teen boys who have brought me numerous glasses of water and cups of coffee, cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner, fetched ice packs and heating pad, books and laptop, pillows and blankets and done so much more than I deserve!
3. I'm thankful for a daughter who has given up precious time with her husband and children to take me to physical therapy and doctor appts, and many days just to come and visit so I don't feel so isolated. She makes a mean cup of coffee and brings me chocolate!
4. I'm thankful for friends and family, both near, far and online, who have provided home cooked meals and sweet fellowship, sunshine-filled packages that brightened my days, emails and telephone calls that came at just the right moment. Hearing how much someone cares and is praying for me has been a great encouragement!
5. But what I'm most thankful for is the One who has not left my side for one. single. moment.
He is healer, provider, my Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus, the giver of all good things in my life!
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
And His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him, bless His name.
Have a blessed day in the Lord!
Random 5 Friday
Random 5 Friday