|A Pair of Cardinals that live in my Fig bush|
For some reason, I woke up thinking about my Granny this morning.
Well, actually I was slathering lotion on my face after I woke up and it made me think of her.
So, here's my Random 5 in memory of my Granny, who has been gone over 20 years.
1. My Granny used Jergen's lotion, Cherry Almond scent, every morning and evening.
I can still smell it on her soft cheeks and hands!
Oh, that would be because I just slathered some on my own face and hands :)
2. She loved all birds but her favorite bird was the Cardinal.
She had a year long linen calendar hanging in her kitchen with one on it.
Every morning she would walk around her front yard and feed the birds
crumbled bread from a bread bag and would then sit on her front
porch and watch them eat their fill.
3. She always wore dresses. House dresses at home and Sunday-go-to-meeting dresses
anytime she left the house. And high heels that were so pretty and shiny.
She dressed 'to the nines' as my mom would always say.
I loved to play dress up with her clothes and jewelry.
In fact, I have a few lovely costume pieces that she wore.
4. Her favorite perfume, and honestly the only one I remember ever seeing
on her vanity table, was Evening in Paris! Oh, to be able to have a bottle of that now.
It was the BEST!!!
5. She loved Jesus! Every night she knelt by her bed and prayed.
My first Bible was given to me by my Granny and I still have it. You know, one of those pretty ones with Jesus and the little children on the cover. It has such beautiful artwork in it too.
She was a lovely grandmother, inside and out. I miss her.
Do you ever have fond memories of a loved one pop into your head at the oddest times?