Flowers... are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
1. I love Black-eyed Susan's! The wildflower packet I used to sow my front flower bed this year is finally yielding some fruit, or should I say flowers. They don't seem to mind all the rain.
2. Speaking of rain, we have had at least 21 days straight of the stuff. How about you? Any rain lately?
3. Sometimes you just have to clean out the chicken coop and put in fresh sand even if it's raining. Yep. I did that yesterday. It wasn't fun but somebody had to do it. The chickens appreciate it though. At least, I say they do :)
4. There is nothing sweeter, nothing, than when my four year old grandson comes up to me, wraps his sweet little arms around my neck, puts his downy cheek against mine and softly whispers...I love you, Nonna.
5. I co-wrote an article with an author friend of mine for Book Fun Magazine. It was published in this month's issue.
You can participate in Random 5 Friday, hosted by the awesome Nancy Claeys, or just hop around and see what randomness is out there by clicking the image below :)