|i ♥ vintage|
The Carter Mansion is the oldest frame house in Tennessee, circa 1775, built by John Carter and his son, Landon. We just happened upon it when we were out for a day trip last summer and couldn't resist stopping to take a photo. It's nestled among some stately trees on a quiet street in Elizabethton, TN. If you're ever in the area, stop by and take a look at the old cemetery on the property. There are some graves from the American Revolution. For history buffs like us, it was totally cool!
1. The treasures you stumble upon by accident have the ability to hold some of the best memories.
2. I often wonder what our ancestors would think about all our gadgets we have nowadays.
3. The cheap seed packets of wildflowers have done better in the front yard than any of the plants I bought at Lowe's. And the annuals I bought and planted on top of my chicken coop are doing better than the ones I planted in the ground. Weird. Just weird.
4. I am way behind in visiting blogs and leaving comments. Seems life has picked up speed recently. Can someone slow it down? Please?
5. I wish it could be these temperatures all summer without so much rain :) I only had to turn the a/c on for a couple of the last days in June. So far in July, it has stayed off but the hot weather is coming...ugh!